Are you ready, queens? This being our first Miss Uganda North America makes it very Exciting! But first things first – what makes a beauty queen a real queen?
- Shoulders back, head high – stand tall and proud at all times.
- Firm handshakes.
- Smile – you’re infectious.
Pay It Forward
- Show politeness and kindness.
- Be caring and helpful.
- Please and Thank You go a long way.
- Treat other contestants with respect.
- Create warmth everywhere you go by being positive and wearing a smile.
- Be yourself and be confident in it. Your talents, your past experiences and your dreams should be the source of your unique personality.
- The dress should always be on-point. Dare to stand out – but in a good way.
- Grooming: hair done, nails done, skin cleansed and moisturised. It doesn’t have to cost a fortune: do-it-yourself is just fine.
- Speak up and punctuate your statements.
- Practice your speaking – until you’re able to respond to questions without going off-topic, eloquently and with authenticity.
- Maintain eye-contact with your interviewer – even when it’s a crowd.