Miss Uganda Rising Woman, Irene Nakitende, will be at Miss Uganda North America as a mentor and International Delegate. We are crossing borders to create a global community of leaders!
21 year old Irene Kirabo Nakitende is an outstanding young Ugandan woman by any measure. At her age, what she has accomplished so far using her voice will blow your mind. As a student of Journalism and Mass Communication at Ndejje University, she scooped the Miss Uganda Rising Woman title at Miss Uganda 2016. And she has done a lot with it. On top of all that, she is currently a peer educator with Reach A Hand Uganda and she is one of the most vocal Girl Child activists in the Pearl of Africa.
We are excited to have an International Delegate in Irene Nakitende. Her mentorship will greatly impact the lives of our class of 2017.
“I use my platform as Miss Uganda Rising Woman to reach out to the vulnerable in my community through different campaigns and activities. And I am excited for yet another opportunity to do more,” says Irene. Below are some of her other previous community engagements.
- Gulu Love 2016 – home essentials fundraising drive.
- Sickle Cell Awareness Day 2017 with the Holly Foundation – Luwero District – fundraising walk, motivational speeches, free sickle cell screening.
- Save Carol Car Wash – Cancer treatment fundraisign campaign.
- Fashionistas Meet The Needy – Bringing Ugandan celebrities and fashionistas to discuss philanthropy.
- 5KFORVLESY – A fundraising drive for 5 orphans whose parents were murdered in land wrangles. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1347703928624961&id=100001561007772
- Various Donation Drives for women raising families on their own.
See more of her media appearances here:
- Urban TV: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1424337267628293&id=100001561007772
- Skool Vogue Magazine: http://www.skoolvogue.com/education/kirabo-irene-nakitende-miss-uganda-rising-woman-20172018-opens-up-on-her-journey-in-the-contest-and-life/
- Chimp Reports: http://chimpreports.com/entertainment/miss-uganda-rising-woman-irene-nakitende-spearheads-hope-4-christmas-party/
“My core values are Education, No to Violence, Respect, Hope and Loyalty. I want my voice for the many voiceless to forever be my legacy.”
Seattle 2018 VIP Tickets without Convention Registration
$70.00Add to cart
Seattle 2018 GA Tickets with Convention Registration
$30.00Add to cart
Seattle 2018 GA Tickets without Convention Registration
$50.00Add to cart
Seattle 2018 VIP Tickets with Convention Registration
$60.00Add to cart