Miss Uganda North America 2018 – Our Voices Elevated was a huge success! The event, which was was held on Friday August 31st 2018 in Seattle, Washington at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue, featured artists Vanessa Jones and Irene Ntale. It was broadcast live on Diaspora Television’s facebook page. The photographers on the night included Minnesota-based Julius Kintu (JulzImages), Dallas-based Denis Apira (Denis Apira Photography) and Boston-based David Aligaweesa (AD Studios).
The judges on the night included Hasifa Kivumbi Agbolabori (former Miss UNAA), Maureen Francisco (Seattle-based Pageant Producer), Derreck Kayongo (CEO Center for Civil and Human Rights), Monica Kansiime (CEO Ipigogo Fashion House) and Zeynab Koroma (CEO Miss Africa Washington State). Supermodel Adoch Acemah and Celebrity Host Anita Fabiola were our hosts for the night.
The contestants arrived at the red carpet clad in contemporary designs by Ipigogo House of Fashion. Their natural hair looked amazing with a touch of class by Uganda’s renowned hairstylist Zziwa Kennedy Katebalirwe (Zziwa Hair Studio). In four rounds namely: Swimsuit, African Prints (Parade of Culture – Designs by Afrisent Collections), Talent and Evening Gowns (Designs by Olivia Nanfuka – NFKA Clothing), 11 contestants from across the United States vied for the prestigious crown. 6 of them eventually made it to the semi-final round:
- Natasha Mupenzi (Boston)
- Michelle Namuyaba Mukasa (Seattle)
- Nyame Mariam Danso (San Diego)
- Tramaine Suubi Kaleebu (DC Metro)
- Noelyne Leni Alitema (Oregon)
- Shalom Aburu (Seattle)
And 3 of them made it to the final round. Here are the winners of the night:
- Michelle Namuyaba Mukasa (Seattle): Miss Personality
- Tramaine Suubi Kaleebu (DC Metro): 2nd Runner Up
- Noelyne Leni Alitema (Oregon): Miss Talent and 1st Runner Up
- Shalom Aburu (Seattle): Miss Popularity and Pageant Winner
Rise Up Award Winners:
- Derreck Kayongo (Founder, Global Soap Project & CEO Center for Civil and Human Rights)
- Dr. Sarah Matovu (UNAA Founding Member & Medical Director, Middle Georgia Immediate Care Center in Macon, Georgia)
Congratulations Shalom! Here are some pictures from the night. More highlights on our Facebook and Instagram pages!
[…] 2018 PAGEANT […]